Sunday, May 3, 2009

quick disclaimer...

Just a heads up on where I get my details regarding films, i.e. actors/directors names, dates of release, that sort of thing – I’m going to be borrowing (stealing?) that sort of information from the IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/). If I reference a particular theorist or essay regarding film/feminist criticism I’ll give a brief citation (author name, book/journal title, year of publication), and would be glad to provide a full citation if anyone requests
Also, quick note on spoilers: I’m going to do my best to leave them out. Some people avoid movie reviews because they don’t want to know anything at all about a film before seeing it, but beyond presenting the plot and characters I won’t give too much away. However I am probably going to start a thread that develops some of the feminist informed interpretations of the films I’m reviewing. Chances are those kinds of posts will have to give away more than just tidbits of the plot. If that thread gets started you can be sure that I will have spoiler warnings. As for you comments, please please please don't post spoilers of your own!
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment